with Carol, Friday 4/28/17 from 10am-4pm
Inspire! Has a special love for the collage quilts from Laura Heine of Fiberworks. The technique is so easy, even you can make art quilts! We have 6 different patterns to choose from (price included in the class fee) so you can choose the one that speaks to you.
Join Carol as she walks you through how to create your very own collage quilt. Lisa will offer some advice on pre-quilting the background too.
CLASS FEE: $45 SKILLS: Beginner
Class fee includes the pattern of your choice – Pinkerton Flamingo, Ebba Seahorse, Confetti Horse, Hip Hop Bunny or Dress Form.
Please indicate your pattern choice in the comments section if enrolling on line.
You will NOT need to bring a machine to this class.
Remember! You always receive at least 15% off on supplies purchased for classes at Inspire!
CLICK Making Collage Quilts 0428 for PDF supply list
- 1-2 yards of fusible product – we like Steam-a-Seam Lite
- 1-2 yards of background (size depends on chosen pattern)
- 1-2 yards of lightweight fabric as base for applique – muslin, voile, batiste or similar
- Lots of floral prints with dense pattern. Have a good mixture of small to large scale. You will want to have lots to choose from J
- Marker for tracing pattern on to base fabric
- SHARP! Scissors – Carol likes the green handle ones by Karen Kay Buckley , small and sharp!
- Optional – laces, buttons and crystals for embellishing