38” Lone Star by Quiltsmart with Diane Tuttle
Monday, 7/24/17 from 10am-4pm
The classic Lone Star pattern can be difficult to make with all of the bias edges that need to be cut. Join Diane as she shows you how Quiltsmart fusible interfacing and 4 fabrics makes constructing this an easy way to sew a challenging quilt. You can make it bold and dramatic or soft and subtle. Fun, simple and fast. Definitely a good beginner project.
CLASS FEE: $35 SKILL LEVEL: Confident Beginner
*Students receive 15% discount on supplies purchased for classes
CLICK QS Lone Star for pdf supply list
- Quiltsmart 38” Lone Star Pack (includes interfacing and pattern)
- ½ yd each of 4 fabrics. (You should have at least 1 dark and 1 light to make your star “glow”)
- 1 ¼ yds background fabric
- Optional border: 1 yd
- Sewing machine in good working order with foot pedal and power cord
- Neutral piecing thread and several wound bobbins
- Rotary cutter with sharp blade, mat and rulers (6”x 12-14”, 6” or 9” square, Stripology ruler is very useful, but optional)
- Scissors, seam ripper, pins, glue stick.
- Applique Pressing Sheet
- We will be doing quite a bit of pressing so a small iron and press mat would be very helpful, but optional.