Wednesday, 7/19/17 from 9am-4pm
Lisa and Lynn are very excited about making the beautiful paper-pieced patterns by Quiltworx – Judy Niemeyer and Judy has developed a tried & true method of making them. If you are hesitant about tackling one of her patterns, come and let us show you how they work. We take the process step-by-step starting with how to read the pattern. Once we walk you through her method, you’ll be able to finish any Quiltworx pattern on the market.
The Tea Leaf Table Runner is part of the Quiltworx.com Leaf Collection, designed to teach the technique of curved paper piecing. The pattern includes enough papers to make two Tea Leaf Table Runners, that can be laid on a table together, apart, or used as fun wall accents! Batik fabrics in two colorways were used in the samples. The project is an excellent option for people who wish to learn more about Curved Paper Piecing before diving into one of our larger projects, like the Fire Island Hosta and Fire Island Hosta Queen. Tea Leaf Table Runner finishes 13in x 44in.
CLASS FEE: $35 SKILL LEVEL: Confident Beginner
*Students receive 15% discount on supplies purchased for classes
CLICK Tea Leaf Table Runner for pdf supply list
- Pattern: Tea Leaf Table Runner (includes foundations)
- Fabric arrording to pattern back
- Sewing machine in good working order with foot pedal and power cord
- Neutral piecing thread and several wound bobbins
- Size 70/10 Microtex machine needles
- Rotary cutter with sharp blade, mat and 6X24 ruler
- Scissors, both for paper and thread trimming
- Seam ripper, glue stick.
- Smooth, Jumbo Paper Clips
- Trim Template
- Purple Thang
- 12 in Add-A-Quarter Ruler
- Scotch Tape
- Create a binder for the pattern. Cut pattern into individual pages and insert each page into a plastic page protector. Don’t cut fabric unless you have already completed a Quiltworx pattern class in our store.
- Label 6 Gallon Size zip top baggies #1-6
- Press fabric, snip samples and paste into correct area in pattern
- Make sure you have a good blade in your rotary cutter