How to make a T-Shirt Quilt with Marsha
Marsha Hicks is an expert T-Shirt quilt maker and has agreed to share her knowledge with you. She will be using the book T Shirt Quilts Made Easy which has a wonderful assortment of very different layouts.
The first class will be all about planning and preparation. Bring in your shirts and we will help you decide on a layout, then get you started.
The second class will evaluate your progress and help you finish up your very own T Shirt memory quilt.
About the book: T-shirt quilts have always been difficult to make look good. No longer! The author has mastered the art of stabilizing all kinds of stretchy fabrics to corral the quilt top into straight lines. She then uses a ‘Comparative Quilt Design Chart’ to show how to artfully arrange blocks of various sizes into a visually pleasing whole. Use Martha’s finished quilts as jumping-off points to design unique presentations of precious mementos that are precut-friendly. It will be the only guide you need for planning this project and many more to come.
CLASS FEE: $40 SKILL LEVEL: Confident Beginner
*Students receive 15% discount on supplies purchased for classes
CLICK T Shirt Quilt for pdf supply list
- Book: T Shirt Quilts Made Easy by Martha DeLeonardis (required)
- Fabric and notions as specifiedby the book in your chosen project
- Sewing machine in good working order with foot pedal and power cord
- Neutral piecing thread and several wound bobbins
- Rotary cutter with sharp blade, mat and rulers (6”x 12-14”, 6” or 9” square, Scissors, seam ripper, pins, glue stick.
- A variety of large square rulers-bring what you have