This is a “Judy B” Class – B is for beginner to your first Judy Niemeyer project!
Wednesday, 6/14/17 from 9am-4pm
About our “Judy B” Class:
Inspire is very enthusiastic about making all the beautiful patterns created by Quiltworx and Judy Niemeyer. However, we realize that a big project can be daunting for a beginner and have resolved to teach everyone Judy’s method for flawless paper piecing. This method relies on a very logical organization method that we will teach you, as pioneered by Judy Niemeyer herself.
This is not just a project class, you will learn how to make ANY Quiltworx pattern. We will begin with how to read and prepare a Quiltworx pattern for use, and tutor you all the way through to assembling the pieces into a beautiful project.
To ensure your success, we are also including fabric and a starter set of all the tools you will need for your very first Quiltworx project! The kit alone, including fabric is a $100 value.
Class fee includes:
- Pattern and paper foundation set
- Fabric kit in two color options
- Judy B starter set of tools in a zippered pouch
- Binder with 4 protective sleeves
- Paper Clips
- 6” Add-A-Quarter Ruler
- Glue Stick
- Purple Thang
- Trim Template
- 4 Gallon Baggies
- Package of machine needles 70/10 microtex
CLASS FEE: $89 SKILLS: Confident Beginner
CLICK Judy B – Farmhouse Window Table Runner for PDF Supply List
Bring to class:
- Rotary cutter with new blade, medium mat and 6X24 ruler
- Sewing machine in good working order with power cord and foot pedal
- ¼ in piecing foot for your machine
- High quality – neutral colored piecing thread and several wound bobbins
- Seam ripper
- Thread snips or scissors
- Paper scissors
Optional but helpful:
- Small iron and personal pressing surface
- Small cutting mat to use by your machine